Smart dog...

Kip loves going to visit my parents. So much so, that when we turn onto their road (from either direction), he'll sit up in the car, and start yodeling/whining/howling, because he knows where we are going! Once we arrive, he will sit in the car, screaming to be let out. (Of course, I ignore him until he stops). Once I let him out of the car, he runs back in forth between me and the front door, barking his head off - "come on Mom, hurry it up!!!".

He started doing this the second time we were there - which was 2 months after the first time, and when he was less than a year old. It amazed me that he remembered at the time, but he has managed to amaze me even more this past week.

My parents went on vacation, so Kip and I stayed there for a week to look after the cat and the house. We arrived before my parents left, and Kip did his usual routine in the car as we turned onto the street. We got there, my parents left, and all was fine.

The next day, I came back here to get the mail, check the house, etc., and brought Kip along. I drive back to my parents house, turn onto their street, and Kip does... nothing. We pull into the driveway, and Kip does... nothing. I let him out of the car, and he does a very nice off-leash heel with me all the way to the door.

The entire week, this is how Kip acted while arriving at my parents house. He knew they weren't there.

My parents are home again. We went over for supper last night. I turned onto their street, and the old Kip came back. He knows. Smart dogs - gotta love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...