All stunts performed without a ruler

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, someone asked if anyone had trained their dog to put their toys away in a basket. This was my answer:

I tried. Mr. Potato Brain (aka Kip) would put one toy in the box. Then he would go get a second toy, bring it to the box.... I think the conversation in his head went something like this....

"Hey! Let's clean up the toys. I'll put Mr. Squirrel in the box. Now I'll go got Mr. Squeaky Ball. HEY!!!! Look, it's Mr. Squirrel!!!! I haven't seen him in ages!! Wow, lets play with Mr. Squirrel. Bored with Mr. Squirrel, let put him in the box - holy Moses, it's Mr. Squeaky Ball!!!!!!!"

So only one toy was ever in the box at one time. If I put the toys in the box, Mr. Potato Brain decides that the toys are complaining about being in the box, and so removes all of them.

So I gave up. The toys are all over the house. Sigh.

.................................................................................................

Basically, the toys are in their proper place if they are where Kip put them. If I move them, they are, by default, in the wrong place. (It's actually not all bad, since this trait can be exploited, I mean used, to entertain Kip on rainy/snowy/nowayinhellwe'regoingforawalkinthatweather days - I put all the toys somewhere, Kip goes and gets them. Wash, rinse and repeat.)

Yesterday, however...


I especially love the color-coded thing he has going on.

(Please note the carpet is actually worse in person. And no, I have no idea what made that stain. I try not to think about it. I cannot WAIT to tear it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...