It's a start...

I FINALLY got a start on the raised beds...

There are six for now, built from 12' lengths of 2" x 10" untreated lumber.  I know some sources recommend using 2" x 4", or 2" x 6" instead, but that doesn't seem deep enough for me, especially for root crops.  And as I will be rotating my crops every years, I figured that building them deeper to start with makes more sense.


The ground slopes quite a bit, so we pounded in stakes in each corner, then levelled each bed and attached it to the stakes with decking screws.  I then lined the "gaps" with cardboard, which will hopefully hold up long enough for the soil to settle in, and for me to figure out what I'm doing with the pathways.

And of course, we had good supervision.  Oh wow, Kip is scruffy!  Methinks another stripping session is due soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...