The BEST Pancakes - Oatmeal Pancakes!

Yes, that's right, oatmeal pancakes. I know, I know - I turned up my nose too when I first heard of them. And then I tried one.

Pancakes cooking on one of my Christmas presents - thanks, Mom & Dad!
Almost ready to flip...
And they are good. So good, I don't know that I'll go back to making regular pancakes. Not that I eat pancakes often, but still...

Can I have some?
Now it's ready to flip!
After cooking, you'd be hard pressed to tell that there was any oatmeal in the pancakes, but there is a definite improvement in taste - these pancakes are almost nutty in flavour, and they are also VERY filling.

The only drawback is that you have to let the oats sit in milk for an hour first - but really, they are worth the wait!

I'd like some too please!
Perfect! (As long as you ignore that dark spot).




Yum!
Recipe: Oatmeal Pancakes 
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (rolled oats, not steal-cut oats)
2 cups milk
3 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder 
3/4 t salt
1 cup flour

Soak oats and milk for one hour.  Add next five ingredients, mix well. Add flour, and mix well again. Cook as you would regular pancakes.

I haven't tried them with any additions, but I think they'd be tasty with walnuts added to the batter, then topped with apples and syrup. Or blueberries.  Or any other fruit. So many options...

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. hmmmm...
    if only I was organized enough to have an hour lead time before feeding the monsters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you weren't so slow to rise ;)

      I know some people soak steel-cut oats overnight before cooking, so I wonder if you can't do the same thing here? In the fridge, of course, but maybe worth a try??

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...