On the Tenth Day of Christmas...


... I got a new table.

Well, sort of ;)

This table has actually been hanging out in my parents' garage for the past couple of years.
I found it on Freecycle, and it was free - for obvious reasons!

It had received some extensive water damage in the past, and there was no veneer left on the top of the main section. The veneer on the leaf (which hides under the table when not in use - cool!) was also damaged.


The chairs were in decent condition - and they are Katy approved ;)


 The set was made by the National Table Company in 1944, according the the labels under the chairs.
 

The set needs to be refinished, of course, and I tried to get it finished before Christmas, but it just didn't happen. One thing I did get done, though....

______________________________________________
Leading up to Christmas, I plan on posting about my new kitchen. This is (obviously) not happening in real time - renos are MUCH slower than that! And yes, I do know the 12 Days of Christmas actually start on December 25. Deal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...