A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.What with the Independence Days Challenge and all, I've been thinking about the "Skill up" category quite a bit. While I don't think I'll ever manage everything on Heinlein's list, there are a few things missing from the list, and those are what I want to work on this year. And by posting it here, I'm making myself a bit more accountable for getting some of it done ;)
Robert A. Heinlein
So, here is my Mad Ninja Skillz List:
1. Make yeast bread and increase my quick bread repertoire (currently limited to biscuits and dumplings. Oh, and tortillas!)
2. Make pasta, including egg noodles and spaetzle
3. Make soap
4. Make candles
5. Make creams/lotions
6. Re-learn how to knit
7. Make decent compost and use it
8. Expand my harvest time through season extension in the garden
9. Save seeds from the garden
10. Get better at cooking Mexican and Indian food - two of my favourite cuisines!
Some of these I can do without having to buy anything, while some are going to require equipment and ingredients, and so might be put off until I can save up the money.
What's on your skillz list?