A 2nd anniversary and 5th birthday


Five years ago today, a little schnauzer puppy was born, and 9 weeks later he came home to live with me. And just over two years ago, another little schnauzer joined the fold.

Yep, it's that time of year again - the anniversary of Katy's adoption and Kip's birthday. Now, I may be a crazy dog lady, but I'm not so crazy as to actually do anything for the dogs on their "birthdays", but I do note the days every year.

Dog people "get" it, non-dog people never will, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to them. But these dogs enhance my life in more ways than I ever thought possible.

So happy birthday Kip, and happy anniversary Katy, and may we have many, many, many more!

And fine, maybe, just maybe, you'll both get an extra treat today :)




2 comments:

  1. I'm not a dog person (and I only vaguely remember when my cats were born- I know the month at least) but I see nothing wrong with acknowledging our furry friends and their contributions to our family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have said "animal person" :) And thanks!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...