P is for...

... pathologist.

Plant pathologist, to be specific.  You see, for almost 15 years of my life, I was paid to kill plants.

Yes, to kill them.  I did research on biological weed control  - basically, finding and developing fungi that would kill weeds, without harming crop plants.

It was very cool (in a geeky way, of course) and I got to travel a lot in the summer, looking for weeds.  I'm now an expert at identifying certain weeds in crops while driving by at 80 km/h.  Really, with these talents of mine, it makes you wonder why people aren't knocking at my door, offering me a job...

I left research for various reasons, and while I miss some parts, I am very glad for the experience. And if you ever tell me that germ theory has been disproven* get ready for an argument, k?

And yes indeed, that picture is of one of my experiments!


_______________________________________________
* That is one "argument" anti-vax peeps throw out on a regular basis.  When I mention my past experience, and that I proved it, with my own two hands, almost every day for 15 years, they tend to mumble something about something, and change the topic.  Or try to explain to me that fungi only infect plants because fungi are "small plants".  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...