T is for...

Image source
... travel.

I love to travel. I've been lucky enough to have been to Europe twice:  Switzerland for 4 weeks (for work, so the trip was paid for - yay!) and 2 weeks in Scotland for a friend's wedding.  I've travelled through most of Canada, from Cape Breton Island in the Atlantic to Prince Rupert on the Pacific.  I haven't made it to the "real" north yet (Prince Rupert, at 54 N, is the furthest north I've been), and, Canada being so big, there is much of the country I haven't seen.

But I've travelled the Cabot trail, and made a road trip from Saskatoon to Edmonton to Jasper to Banff to the Black Hills to the badlands in South Dakota to home and back to Saskatoon, I've made the drive from Saskatoon to home more times that I can remember (northern Ontario in the fall?  Must-see for everyone.  Amazing, absolutely amazing!).  I've been to a handfull of US states - mostly while driving back and forth to Saskatoon (Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, the Dakotas north and south, Montana, Wyoming), and New York, of course, but I haven't travelled south at all - the furthest south, so far, is Pittsburgh.  My planned trip to Texas this fall will change that, of course :)


One thing about the economy, and increasing gas prices that saddens me most is that it limits any future travelling I will do.  There is nothing I love more than packing up the car and driving off - for a day, for a week, or for longer.  But when it costs almost $70 to fill the gas tank....

So T is for travel, and I just hope I can do more of it in the future.  There is so much I still want to see - Ireland, Australia, the drive along the Pacific coast, from B.C. to California.  And I probably should get to Florida one of these days, since that seems to be mandatory for Canadians :)


__________________________________________________
The picture is of Edinburgh castle.  I had the BEST time in Scotland, and would go back in a heartbeat.  Two weeks was nowhere near enough time - I could spend two weeks in Edinburgh alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...